Hello friends! Hope you are all having a wonderful start to your weekend.
I don’t know about you, but life has been bananas lately!
Speaking of bananas… my friend Tully from her website VegansFirst.com has an amazing, three ingredient banana pancake recipe that you should definitely try! She also has lots of incredible dessert recipes that I’m excited to whip up in the near future. Head over to her site and check out her delicious recipe ideas!
This week, I have a tasty and easy to make vegan french toast recipe I’ve been eager to share with you all! It’s perfect for weekend mornings when you’re craving something sweet but filling.
- 2 flax eggs (2 TBSP ground flax seed + 6 TBSP water)
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP hemp protein powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk or creamer
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5-6 slices of bread (gluten-free will work for this, too!)
- fresh strawberries
- frozen or fresh blueberries
- coconut shreds
- maple syrup
- Earth Balance butter
- hemp hearts
- Make two flax eggs in a small bowl. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Add chia seeds, hemp protein powder, cinnamon and non-dairy milk to a flat bottomed dish. Mix in flax eggs to non-dairy milk mixture and whisk until combined.
- Heat up a large frying pan on the stove. Put a spoonful of Earth Balance butter to coat the pan and set to a medium heat.
- Dip one or two slices of bread in the non-dairy milk mixture at a time until evenly coated and put immediately in the frying pan.
- Let it fry for 4-5 minutes, then flip and cook until golden brown.
- Continue this process until all slices of bread have been coated and fried.
- Top with Earth Balance butter and maple syrup!
- *Coconut shreds, blueberries, strawberries and hemp hearts are optional but add lots of deliciousness!*