I can feel it… fall is on the horizon! I always get a little too excited for the changing of the seasons, but I love the crisp air and colorful leaves that Autumn brings. I also love baking fresh peach cobbler with warm spices to have for an easy breakfast or after dinner dessert.
This delightful dessert is a knock out and incredibly simple to make. It’s full of bright, fuzzy peaches (which are in season and on sale right now at our local Coop!) and beautiful blueberries with hints of cinnamon, orange zest and vanilla. Is your mouth watering yet?
- Fresh peaches 12 peaches (one dozen)
- Frozen blueberries 1 cup
- *Rye flakes (or oatmeal) 2-3 cups
- Earth Balance Butter 3-4 Tbsp
- Coconut Sugar 1/2 cup
- Orange zest + juice from one orange
- Vanilla 2 tsp
- Cinnamon 1-2 Tbsp
- Lavender 2 tsp *optional*
- Cut peaches into thin slices. Place in baking dish.
- Sprinkle a 1/4th cup coconut sugar over top peaches. Add 1 tsp orange zest, the juice from half an orange, vanilla and cinnamon. Gently stir to evenly coat.
- Add 1 cup frozen blueberries and mix in with peaches.
- Mix rye flakes with Earth Balance butter with clean hands until it's thoroughly mixed. (It shouldn't be too dry or buttery.)
- Add in 1/4th cup coconut sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and orange juice.
- Sprinkle dried lavender on top (optional)
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until crumble is golden brown.
- Serve warm with dairy-free ice cream or soy cream. It's delicious on its own, too!
- *I used rye flakes for the first time, and it worked really well for the crumble. You can definitely use oatmeal, but I thought it was a nice change of pace.