Hey friends! Craving a vegan pizza but there’s no vegan pizzaria in sight? Look no further!
Making your own pizza at home can be fun and delicious. We have been having pizza on the weekends for the past few weeks. It’s such a treat and we really look forward to having it for dinner. Being vegan in Iowa can be tough sometimes, but being about to make veganized versions of our favorite meals has been a game changer.
What are your favorite toppings for pizza? Let me know in the comments below! Hope you all have a great Saturday! If you make a vegan pizza, tag me @thevegan.steven so I can see your glorious creation!
- Pizza dough (we used a premade sourdough crust bought from our local Coop)
- One jar of pizza sauce (we used Field Day brand)
- One bag of vegan cheese (we used Daiya mozzarella)
- 2 vegan sausages (we used Field Roast brand)
- One red onion
- Half a red pepper
- Half a yellow pepper
- Handful of spinach
- Half a cup of sliced mushrooms (we used Crimini mushrooms)
- One clove of garlic
- 1/4th cup flour for rolling pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper
- Wash and slice onion, garlic, peppers and mushrooms
- Roll dough into a circle and place on pizza pan (add a bit of flour to keep it from sticking to surfaces)
- Add pizza sauce -- spread evenly
- Put sliced veggies on top
- Add sliced vegan sausages and vegan cheese
- Throw it in the oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted
- Let cool for 5 minutes and devour!